Want to get approved for Instagram shopping?
If you’re located in a region where Instagram shopping is available you can create a Shop and start selling your products on Instagram. But before you can use Instagram shopping features, you must complete a few steps.
How to get approved for shopping on Instagram: #
Step 1: Meet the Criteria for an Instagram Shop ✅
- Have an Instagram business account
- Connect your account to a Facebook page
- Comply with Facebook’s Commerce Policies
- Be located in a supported market for Instagram Shopping
- Sell physical goods online
Do you tick all of the above? Then you can go to the next step.
Step 2: Create a Facebook Catalogue 📖
Next, create a Facebook Catalogue and connect it with your Instagram account. You can do so through the Facebook Catalogue Manager, or get a certified Facebook partner to help you set it up.
Step 3: Set up Instagram Shopping in your app 📱
Finally, you need to enable Instagram Shopping in your app before you can start promoting your products with shoppable tags.
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Business”.
- Tap “Set up Instagram Shopping” (Note: you’ll only see this option if your account has been approved for Instagram shopping).
- Tap “Continue”.
- Select a product catalogue to connect to your Instagram account.
Done! Now that you know how to get approved for shopping on Instagram, it's time to set up your Instagram shop 🛒 and start selling!