Have you been wondering what does reach mean on Instagram? You’re in the right place. In this post, we’ll explain what reach means and why it’s important.
What is Reach on Instagram? #
Reach indicates the total number of unique Instagram accounts that have seen your Instagram post or story. You can find this data by looking at each individual post insights.
How to see your reach on Instagram
- Go to your Instagram post
- Click on "view insights"
- Look for "Reach" in your post insights
In simple words, this metric shows how many accounts your post has reached. For example, if your post was seen by 200 Instagram users, your reach is 200.
The difference between Reach and Impressions on Instagram #
Many people confuse Reach and Impressions. So, it’s important to know the difference.
While Reach tells you how many unique accounts have viewed your post, Impressions show you how many times your post was viewed/replayed.
For example, if 200 people saw your post, but they each viewed it twice, your Reach is 200, and your Impressions are 400 (200 x 2)
Why you should track Reach on Instagram #
Reach can help you figure out whether there’s an issue that’s stopping you from reaching your target audience on Instagram.
- If your reach is high, but your engagement is low, it means there’s a problem. You might be targeting the wrong audience or you are using ineffective hashtags.
- On the other hand, if your reach is extremely low, it means you are targeting an audience that is too narrow and you should review your targeting strategy.
Here's how you can improve your Reach on Instagram:
- Post at optimal times
- Research best hashtags for Reach
- Share more video content
- Host contests
- Ask questions to encourage engagement
- Repost user-generated-content
- Use Instagram ads or boost your posts
- Monitor & analyze your Instagram insights
Now you know what Reach means on Instagram, it’s time to start tracking your Instagram metrics to get more strategic with your content.