People who follow you on Instagram are usually interested in the content you post and want to engage with you. You can tell if someone follows you as you'll see them watching your Stories, joining your Lives and leaving likes or comments on your posts. But sometimes, especially as your Instagram following grows, you may not tell which profiles follow/unfollow you.
If you want to know who doesn't follow you back on Instagram, we're sharing a few tips and tricks to help you out!
How to see who doesn't follow you back on Instagram
Instagram doesn't show you a list of people who unfollowed you. They only show you 50 accounts that you've least interacted with. However, there are several ways to check if someone unfollowed you or doesn't follow you back on Instagram.
Method #1: Look at your Followers list
You can search for an Instagram account name search and see if this profile is part of your Followers list.
How to see who doesn't follow you back:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap on "Followers"
- Search any Instagram account name to see if they follow you
- If the name appears it means they follow you back
- If you can't find them, there's a high chance they aren't following you back
Method #2: Do a manual Following check
Another method is to visit their profile and see if they follow you back.
How to manually check if an Instagram account follows you:
- Go to their Instagram profile
- Look at the "Follow/Following" button
- If the button shows "Follow back" it means this account follows you back
- If the button shows "Follow" it means this account doesn't follow you back
Tip: If the button under their profile bio shows "Following", you need to unfollow them first and then you'll be able to see the "Follow back/Follow" options.
How to see who doesn't follow you back with Pallyy
You can also see how many people don't follow you back with Pallyy.
Look at your followers' growth chart
If your Followers are not growing, you are losing followers and you should study why that is happening
Check the followers gained vs followers lost chart
You can see how many followers you're losing and gaining per day and relate it to your Instagram activity.
Note: Due to Instagram's API limitation, Pallyy cannot show you the names of the people who unfollowed you.
How to unfollow someone on Instagram
- Go to their profile
- Click on the "Following" button under their profile bio
- From the options select "Unfollow"
- Confirm your decision
How to unfollow everyone on Instagram
You cannot unfollow everyone on Instagram. Instead, you can only unfollow users manually, one by one.
* Don't unfollow more than 50-100 people in a day or your account may get temporarily disabled.
Can someone see if you unfollow them on Instagram
Instagram users can't see when someone unfollows them. They will only get a notification from Instagram when new accounts follow them.
How to tell if someone follows you on Instagram
You can tell if someone follows you on Instagram by looking at several things:
- Watches your stories, joins your Lives, likes or comments on your posts
- When you visit their profile (and unfollow them) you can see a "Follow back" button