One of the most important things for social media agencies is to maximize ROI. That’s why, most agency owners are constantly on the lookout for tools that can help save time, and money and make team collaboration easier.
A good social media scheduling tool can help you automate your social media management process and improve your efficiency so you can grow a successful business. But with so many scheduling tools on the market, it may be a difficult task to decide which tool is best for your agency.
We’re here to help you decide! In this post, we’ve rounded up some of the best social media scheduling tools for social media agencies.
Social Media Scheduling Tools - The Best in 2023
Pallyy is an all-in-one scheduling, analytics, and management tool built for social media managers and agencies. They offer scheduling to all social platforms and management features that every social media dreams of - at a fraction of the cost that other platforms charge.
Two of my favourite features on Pallyy are the drag & drop scheduling feature and saved post templates. With templares, I can save caption templates, hashtag lists, and even pre-set the posting time and geolocation tag for each social media account.
- Simple, easy-to-use dashboard
- Planner with calendar view
- Unlimited social accounts
- Team collaboration tools
- Scheduling to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, GoogleMyBusiness, Pinterest & Tiktok
- Saved layouts for easy scheduling (ie. captions, hashtags, first comment, times)
- Explore feature (for reposting UGC)
- Social media analytics tools
- Automated email reports
- Link in bio feature (for Instagram)
- Social media inbox tool
- Integration with Canva
Monthly subscriptions on Pallyy start at $15 per client set* which is one of the most affordable options.
*Note: 1 client set = 1x Facebook page, 1x Instagram page, 1x Twitter page, 2x LinkedIn pages, 1x Google My Business, 1x Pinterest, 1x Tiktok)
**Pallyy also has a free plan so you can test it out before you fully commit!
Buffer is one of the most well-known social media scheduling tools. It comes with a simple and easy-to-use interface and offers scheduling across multiple channels. Compared to other scheduling tools, you may feel the calendar is “too simple” or basic. But they really compensate with their Instagram analytics tool which generates PDF reports in no time!
- Unlimited channels
- Planning & publishing tools
- Daily queue/Calendar view
- Buff.ly link shortener
- Link in bio tool (Shop grid)
- Video thumbnails
- Analytics and reporting tools
- Comment management tools
- Track hashtag campaigns
- Team management (ad-on paid feature)
Buffer offers a FREE plan and a paid plan that comes with a 14-day free trial. For social media agencies, I’d skip the FREE plan as they limit you to managing 3 social channels. Their Essentials plan comes with unlimited channels and starts at $12/mo per social channel*.
*Note: 1 Instagram page and 1 Facebook page count as 2 channels. So that’s $24/mo for a client that wants to schedule on Instagram + Facebook.
My advice: Sign up for their free trial and if you find that you really enjoy using Buffer, I’d suggest you sign up for their yearly plan (as opposed to monthly) to get 2 months free.
Looking for a Buffer alternative? Check out our full list of Buffer alternatives here.
Hootsuite is another popular social media scheduling platform for enterprises. They allow scheduling to multiple accounts and have integrations with other 250+ apps (most of these apps come at extra cost). The main advantage of using Hootsuite is having a centralized client management platform with the option of assigning tasks to individual team members.
- A centralized dashboard organized into streams & boards
- Scheduling to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Assign team roles (up to 5 users)
- Manage up to 50 client accounts
- Unlimited posts per account
- Bulk message scheduling
- Analytics reporting
- 250+ app integrations (at extra cost)
Hootsuite pricing starts at $19/mo for up to 10 social accounts and it goes up to $599 for 35 social accounts.
*They offer a 30-day free trial for their paid plans.
Sprout social is an advanced social media management tool. They offer cross-platform scheduling, customer management, analytics, and social listening. Some of their unique and most premium-priced features include automation (chatbot), smart inbox management, URL tracking and workflows.
Sprout Social features
- Scheduling to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Client dashboards
- Teams collaboration
- Shared content calendar
- Analytics reporting
- Messages management
- Social listening
- Link in bio feature (Instagram)
- Paid ads reporting
- Automated chatbots
- Message spike alerts
- Digital asset library
- Saved Replies
- Scheduled Report Delivery
- Automated Inbox Management
- Custom URL Tracking
- CSAT and NPS Survey
Overall, I enjoyed using their planning and scheduling tools. The calendar view looks neat and I like that you can add notes next to your post so it’s easier to collaborate with other team members. However, I didn’t use a lot of the premium features (ie. automation or social listening) so I wouldn't see myself continue paying for the advanced plan in the future.
Sprout Social pricing
There are 3 pricing levels:
- Standard Plan starts at $99/mo for 1 user and 5 social profiles. Each additional profile is charged an extra $25/mo.
- Professional Plan includes 1 user and 10 social profiles and detailed analytics features: $169/mo.
- Advanced Plan includes 1 user and 10 social profiles and advanced features: $279/mo.
SproutSocial plans come with 30 days free trial.
If you have a writer on your team, you may be excited to know that CoSchedule allows you to schedule and manage content on WordPress blogs, send email campaigns, and create social media posts from a single dashboard. The most unique feature is their integration with Trello, Asana, and Monday.com - allowing you to import your existing projects and save time! However, if you're only looking for a tool to schedule social media posts, this tool may be too complex for you.
- Scheduling emails, social posts, blog posts, campaigns
- Scheduling to Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and WordPress
- Post optimization feature
- Import projects from Asana, Trello, Google Sheets & more
- Create social campaigns
- Social media calendar view
- Assign tasks to your team
Pricing starts at $39/mo. for 1 user and 10 social profiles and you’re able to customize plans to your needs. Below are some indicative figures:
- $39/mo. for 10 social profiles
- $99 for/mo. for 30 social profiles
- $159/mo. for 50 social profiles
*Additional user: $39/mo.
CoSchedule also has a free trial.
Planoly is a social media planner that allows you to schedule and publish posts across Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok. This tool doesn't have advanced analytics features but it is simple to use and makes a great tool for beginners.
- Visual calendar
- Publishing posts to Instagram, Pinterest & TikTok
- Basic post insights
- Suggested trends & hashtags
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Great for beginners
- Free plan (limited to 30 media uploads/mo.)
- Paid plans start at $13/mo. for 1 social set (1x Instagram, 1x Pinterest and 1x TikTok)
Meta Business Suite
Meta Business Suite is the one-stop dashboard for Facebook marketers. It allows you to oversee your Facebook pages, view insights, schedule social media posts and manage ads across these platforms from one single space. It's free to use but you're limited to managing only Facebook and Instagram accounts - and it's not very beginner friendly.
Meta Business Suite's features
- Publishing posts on Instagram and Facebook
- Manage Facebook pages
- Assign team roles (eg: admin, editor, ads manager)
- Create and manage ads
- Basic analytics insights
- Visual calendar dashboard
Meta Business Suite Pricing
- Free for everyone
*Note: Meta Business Suite is a complex platform and you would need to complete a few courses to understand how to use its features.
AgoraPulse is a social media management dashboard that integrates all your social media accounts with your Google Analytics data. It comes with advanced social media monitoring, listening and comments management features which makes it a great choice for people managing multiple social media networks and who want to publish content cross-platform.
- Social Inbox comments management
- Social Media listening tools
- Publishing to multiple social networks
- Social media analytics reporting
- Re-schedule content multiple times
- Track Google Analytics
- Free plan for up to 3 social profiles
- Paid plans start at $59/mo. for 10 social profiles
* additional profile is charged at $15.
You can try AgoraPulse for free for 15 days.
SocialPilot is a social media marketing tool that focuses primarily on helping marketers automate tasks. It comes with team collaboration tools, analytics reports and bulk post scheduling to help you speed up your work. This tool provides you with a summary of each of your social channels but doesn't have an overview of your cross-social media strategy.
Social Pilot features
- Social media inbox
- Scheduling posts cross platforms
- Social media calendar
- Bulk scheduling (up to 500 posts)
- Team management
- App integrations & extensions
Social Pilot pricing
- $30/mo for 10 social accounts, 1 user
- $50/mo for 20 social accounts, 3 users
- $100/mo for 30 social accounts, 6 users
- $200/mo for 50 social accounts, unlimited users
Sendible is social media management tool used for scheduling content on multiple platforms. It has a simple dashboard menu which is easy to navigate even by beginners. I also like their content suggestions, and analytics features for tracking performance.
- Social media publishing
- Comments management
- Analytics & reporting
- Google Analytics reports
- IOS and Andoid apps
- Content suggestions
- RSS and blog posts
- Client dashboard
- Team workflows
- $29/mo for 6 social profiles, 1 user
- $89/mo for 24 profiles, 4 users
- $199/mo for 49 profiles, 7 users
Note: *Custom plans available upon request, all plans have 14-day free trials
Choosing the right social media scheduling tool is a journey. Most of the scheduling platforms on the market come with free trials so my advice is to make use of the trial period before investing in a platform.